Saturday, May 22, 2010

Misguided.

I am, whether I am proud to proclaim it or not, a university student. When you tell someone this, the inevitable question always comes up;"What are you studying?", and always I say the same thing,English. Of course, 'studying' is a fairlyloose word in my case. It may be that, while on paper I am studying, I am more sporadically showing up in between bouts at the bar and drunken rampages through Newtown's finest book shops.

When I decided I wanted to be studying it seemed simple enough: I didn't
have a career in mind yet didn't want to be doing nothing. I thought,"This will be easy enough", WRONG.
Uni life is tough, and over the course of 4 or so months I have more than once seriously thought I was losing my mind. It is at this point natural instincts have a way of taking the reigns; when its easier to do it later I shall do it later. Though from moment to moment later is later and later and before you know it your on the edge of a cliff you've been pushing toward and don't have the safety net of reliable studious habits.
I suppose in one very real way I am a lazy being. But more so it seems to be I only like doing what I like doing, despite the obvious future benefits a bit of old fashioned hard work would allow me. How else could you explain my reckless spending habits?
Disoriented.
NP.

No comments:

Post a Comment